First Reputation-Based Service for Web Application Security
REDWOOD SHORES, CALIF., – March 1, 2010 – Imperva, the data security leader, today announced the general availability of ThreatRadar, a new add-on to Imperva's market-leading Web Application Firewall (WAF) that provides automated, reputation-based defense against large scale industrialized cyber attacks.
"ThreatRadar dramatically increases an enterprise's ability to stop attacks by automatically adapting the defense so traffic from malicious sources can be blocked before an attack is attempted," explained Imperva's CTO Amichai Shulman. "By harnessing the collective insight of the security community, ThreatRadar can block traffic from malicious sources. As attackers shift locations and techniques Imperva's ThreatRadar-powered WAF delivers the broadest arsenal of defense capabilities available today."
Anyone using ThreatRadar with Imperva's WAF will have an effective means to mitigate:
ThreatRadar specific ally provides protection against:
- Malicious sources: Up-to-date protection from sources that have repeatedly performed malicious activity on other web applications. Often part of the ten million plus botnet network they are executing attacks on behalf of remote hackers.
- Anonymous Proxies: Up-to-date protection from sources that are used as anonymous proxies. By hiding the identity of traffic sources, anonymous proxies are often exploited by hackers to launch attacks.
- The Onion Router, a.k.a., TOR IPs: Up-to-date protection from the TORs that are abused by hackers. Today, hackers abuse the TOR network to launch attacks without revealing their identity and location.
- Phishing URLs: Real time alerting on phishing incidents against your domain.
In addition, ThreatRadar will provide:
- IP Forensics Tool: A dynamic, web-based tool providing additional context on attackers, including geographic location and user profile, that takes the guesswork out of incident analysis.
- Ongoing threat updates: Imperva's Application Defense Center (ADC) has researched and integrated credible attack source data providers to ensure protection accuracy and effectiveness. The ADC will continually update attack sources as an ongoing service.
Imperva is the global leader in data security. With more than 1,300 direct customers and 25,000 cloud customers, Imperva's customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, and managed service providers who rely on Imperva to prevent sensitive data theft from hackers and insiders. The award-winning Imperva SecureSphere is the only solution that delivers full activity monitoring for databases, applications and file systems. For more information, visit www.imperva.com , follow us on Twitter or visit our blog.
# # #
Imperva and SecureSphere are registered trademarks of Imperva, Inc. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.