Data Security leader also posts biggest-ever Q4
Redwood Shores, CA – January 20, 2010 – Imperva, the market leader in data security, announced today that it achieved 30 percent growth in 2009 over 2008, finishing a strong fiscal year 2009 with the largest quarter in company history. Imperva increased its bookings in Q4 2009 nearly 30 percent over Q4 2008. The company's success is driven by significant success in global growth, increasing the customer count to more than 1000 enterprises.
"Imperva's performance in 2009 highlights the high priority placed on data security during difficult economic times," said CEO Shlomo Kramer. "At a time when many companies—even security vendors—are struggling, I am glad that Imperva continues to thrive. The simplicity, comprehensive and effectiveness of our products make Imperva the market's most attractive data security solution."
The key highlights from 2009 include:
- Imperva closed 2009 with more than a 30% growth rate over 2008.
- Significant overseas growth:
- The appointments of Stree Naidu as VP of Asia Pacific-Japan, Henk Jan Spanjaard as VP of Europe and Yaniv Shaya as VP of engineering
- New product capabilities:
- The release of SecureSphere 7.0 and the introduction of the SecureSphere Discovery and Assessment Server, which introduced integrated data risk management to Imperva's leading Data Security product portfolio.
- Improved insider threat protection that helped security professionals track, identify and block potentially malicious insider data theft.
- Integration with WhiteHat Sentinel and other leading dynamic testing vendors so enterprises can immediately remediate discovered website vulnerabilities via a "virtual patch" without the need for development intervention.
- A ground-breaking study on PCI best practices with the Ponemon Institute.
Imperva is the global leader in data security. With more than 1,300 direct customers and 25,000 cloud customers, Imperva's customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, and managed service providers who rely on Imperva to prevent sensitive data theft from hackers and insiders. The award-winning Imperva SecureSphere is the only solution that delivers full activity monitoring for databases, applications and file systems. For more information, visit www.imperva.com , follow us on Twitter or visit our blog.
# # #
Imperva and SecureSphere are registered trademarks of Imperva, Inc. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.